11 January 2010

Brains and Beauty?

http://www.zednelson.com/loveme/gallery.php?pg_id=3&img_id=8




Sometimes I try to laugh at the absurdities of this world, instead of crying myself into a fit. I wake up every morning wondering if I can get through my own mental problems, just to be confronted, usually through terrible ad campaigns, about just how much the world is suffereing. Its not just my perception either. When ten year old girls are telling one another that they are fat, or a man's self worth is deternmined by the size of his house, I feel that maybe, as a species, we are doing something wrong.

Today I sat in my room and wrote a very angry letter to no one in particular. The last fifteen lines were filled with the word "die." Now all of you who know me at all, are aware that I am an extremely positive and loving individual, who strives to take care of all of those around me as much as I possibly can, and often to a fault. Yes. I have many faults. Anyhow, I wondered in circles when this anger would subside, and started to slowly become disillusioned. I don't want to hate anyone, and more over, I don't want to hate the world. My older brother, Mr. Detattched Aquarian, came in to see me crying. He sat next to me, uncomfortably, for a few moments. Then he did something I never saw him do before. He started crying, too. He held me. He told me his struggles of recently married life, of his efforts to find a better job, of his need for me to be closer to home. After we were done crying together, everything felt better. Then I knew what I always knew. That love was all that mattered, and all we needed to fix things.


So love> than ad campaigns, right?

 I am not against advertising, in fact, I think the media is the most powerful force on earth, after love, and perhaps if it, as an industry, grew some balls, we could have some positive messages streaming through our digital access canals every once in awhile.

Alas, a revolution in the creativie department might not be what's coming next. Nor in the love, or lack their of department.

So what can we do to start the ball rolling towards a less opressive, more loving, tommorow?

look through the Zed Nelson pictures....for starters

No comments:

Post a Comment